Course Schedule : Pressure Vessel Design & Inspection
- Fundamentals of Materials.(physical and chemical properties)
- Codes and Standards related to Pressure Vessels.
- Introduction to ASME Section-II (Material Specifications).
- Discussion on typical standards.(eg. ASME B16.5/ B16.47/ etc.)
- Basics of ASME Section VIII Div. 1 and Div.2
- Design fundamentals and details from ASME Section VIII Div.1
- Concepts of Allowable Stresses and Factors of Safety
- Joint Category, Joint types
- Joint efficiencies
- Design of Cylindrical shells
- Design of Dished heads (flat/ torispherical/ hemispherical/ ellipsoidal/ conical)
- External pressure calculations for shells
- Case Studies and solved problems.
- Reinforcement of openings (nozzles/ manholes) – concepts.
- Impact testing of materials for low temperature services.
- Fabrication Requirements
- PWHT of Pressure Vessels and introduction to other heat treatments.
- Typical welding practices and general knowledge of ASME Section IX for welder qualifications.
- Inspection practices as per ASME Section V (RT/UT/ PT/ MT)
- Pressure testing – Hydrostatic and Pneumatic
- Code stamping
- Introduction/ discussion on Inservice Inspection requirements (API-510) and Risk Based Inspection (RBI).
- Some basic concepts on corrosion and damage mechanisms to fixed equipment.
- Interfaces/ coordination of the vessel designer with the consultants (piping/ instrumentation/ civil)
- Final Examination (if required)
- Close – down session.